Ainur Guild, Icarus Guild and Trabis Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuff For All to Know

2 posters

Go down

Stuff For All to Know Empty Stuff For All to Know

Post  Eternal Soul Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:36 am

Hiya people! This will be a topic to post all kind of tips and advice for new and more advanced players as well. Feel free to add your tip in or to ask about stuff you would like to know Razz

- Eternal Soul -
Eternal Soul
Eternal Soul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stuff For All to Know Empty No Message Command and Bot Spam

Post  Eternal Soul Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:49 am

What do Prontera, Payon and Geffen share with no other towns? The scourge of Bot Spam Mad They lag you and make conversations nigh impossible. But by using the No Message command -> /nm <- you can bypass it. Be warned that when you use it you won't get any Public Chat on your Chat Log, so use the command again when you no longer need it.
Props to Elvoriel for teaching me this cheers

- Eternal Soul -
Eternal Soul
Eternal Soul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stuff For All to Know Empty Where Command and Coordinates

Post  Eternal Soul Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:03 am

When doing quests you may have to find a NPC in a certain location and most probably you will be given the NPC's coordinates. So how to find the NPC? Just type /where so you can see your own coordinates. The coordinates will be given in the format: <Map Name>(X,Y); X being the position in the horizontal axis and Y on the vertical one study To practice try and find your guild spot Razz

- Eternal Soul -
Eternal Soul
Eternal Soul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stuff For All to Know Empty When to Use the No Effects Command

Post  Eternal Soul Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:16 am

There are various nasty status ailments in Ragnarok but besides Curse none pisses me off more than Chaos, your screen gets all wavy and personally it hurts my eyes. But there's a way out: the No Effect command -> /effect <- This command disables the game's special effects, so it is useful for both the Chaos status and for when AoE spells get you laggy. Just remember to use it later; the game loses a bit of its charm without effects Cool

- Eternal Soul -

Last edited by Eternal Soul on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Eternal Soul
Eternal Soul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stuff For All to Know Empty No Control and No Shift Commands

Post  Eternal Soul Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:38 am

At this stage of the game you know that you must hold Ctrl while clicking on a mob to attack it non stop bounce What you might not know is that there is a command that allows you to do it without pressing Ctrl, the /nc command. I actually never use it, sometimes you might just want to hit a target once or some other situations in which you don't want to attack non stop and this command can screw everything Neutral
This section is ACOLYTE RELEVANT. As you might know the most valid way to level a support Acolyte, Priest and beyond, other than partying, is to Heal Bomb undead mobs. If you've done it already you know that you have to hold Shift to target a mob and in an emergency it can become annoying. So if you're leveling on undead you might want to use the /ns command, allowing you to use Heal on any target. It can become a bit bad if you try to heal someone and you end up healing a mob, although a good healer should use the Party Window (My next Tip topic) Rolling Eyes

- Eternal Soul -
Eternal Soul
Eternal Soul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stuff For All to Know Empty Party Creation and Management

Post  Eternal Soul Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:14 am

Ragnarok Online is a MMORPG, the kind of game where it is more enjoyable to play with others and for that end partying is the most effective way. To create a party you use /organize "<Party Name>" After that you have to select the Item Share options: the first option decide whether any party member can pick a loot dropped by a mob, killed by a party member immediately after (Party share) or not (Each take) and the second one decides if a picked loot is randomly shared by party members (Shared) or if it is finder's keepers (Individual). By the way if you come to one of my parties know that I always select Party Share and Individual Razz
To invite others into your party either right click on them or if you're not close use /invite "<character's name>". If the highest leveled char and the lowest in the party have a 15 or lower level gap, the party can share experience. To do it press Alt+P and select Even Share Very Happy To manage the party press Alt+H and toggle to Party. There you can kick a member out or yourself and pass the leadership to another member, which you should do whenever you have to leave the party. This window is also useful for support classes to either heal or buff, just use the skill you want on the name of the target.
Partying has much to talk about, I hope I didn't forget anything Smile

- Eternal Soul -
Eternal Soul
Eternal Soul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stuff For All to Know Empty "Secret" Geffen -> Izlude Warp

Post  Eternal Soul Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:36 am

You have warps in Prontera and in Juno to other towns, in Morroc to Prontera and a Rachel <-> Veins warp and the ships from Alberta and unless you're VIP that's about it. But there's another functional warp for half price (600z) from Geffen to Izlude. Interested? Well first you must go to the Blacksmith guild in southeast Geffen, coordinates (181,62). Inside talk to the girl NPC and ask how to get to Einbroch and she'll warp you to Izlude

- Eternal Soul -
Eternal Soul
Eternal Soul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stuff For All to Know Empty Airship

Post  Eternal Soul Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:25 am

To go to most towns you normally just warp from a Kafra in Prontera (or walk). But there are some towns you can't get directly from Prontera and the easiest way is with an Airship ride. On Izlude go southeast to reach an NPC that for 1200z will allow you to enter the Airship. The Airship you take on Izlude does a circuit between Izlude, Juno and Rachel, so if you need to go to another town you have to leave on Juno and switch Airships. To do it go down the stairs on the station, when you go to the next room don't go away and talk to the Domestic Flight NPC, go up the stairs and enter that Airship. This one does a Juno, Einbroch, Lighthalzen and Hugel circuit. Oh! If the Airship you're on is under attack feel free to kill the bats, pickies and chonchons but unless you're a high leveled character don't attack the other monsters, you will be killed and will have to waste another 1200z (and yes I have done that Embarassed).

- Eternal Soul -
Eternal Soul
Eternal Soul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stuff For All to Know Empty Re: Stuff For All to Know

Post  Evangeline Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Eternal Soul wrote:
Partying has much to talk about, I hope I didn't forget anything Smile

- Eternal Soul -

You did!

Let me fill in a small gap here:
Remember those messages that come up saying "Someone is recruiting for a party?"
You can respond to those by clicking on the booking tab or typing /booking. A list of parties you can join will come up.

If you want to send one (A nice way to get people) then use /recruit. It'll bring up an interface where you can say who you want to group with and where.

Evangeline

Back to top Go down

Post  Eternal Soul Fri May 06, 2011 3:37 am

Thanks for covering for me there Eva Laughing
That is very usefull info too Razz I'm going to write some Icarus specific stuff here today.

- Eternal Soul -
Eternal Soul
Eternal Soul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum